Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Summit Media Corp Richmond is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the FCC’s EEO regulations, any organization that distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers may request that it be provided notice of Summit Media Richmond job vacancies as they occur. If your organization would like to be notified such vacancies, please contact Brooke Rogers at Summit Media Richmond: 812 Moorefield Park Dr Suite 300 Richmond, VA 23236. Each organization that wishes to be given notice of job vacancies must provide its name, mailing address, email address, telephone, and contact person, and identify the category or categories of vacancies of which it requests notice.
To request more information or to submit your resume, click here.
Summit Media Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Operations Manager/Program Director
SummitMedia is looking for an Operations Manager / Program Director to lead our Richmond, VA Cluster. This opening is for a proven professional who LOVES music, is passionate about radio, and is an excellent executer!
The “MUST-HAVE skills” list:
o A positive attitude and a winning air personality
o An air check that demonstrates effective and disciplined show prep
o The talent to entertain and engage
o The aptitude to execute topical, in-the-moment content
o The ability to communicate to Females 25-54 in an authentic way
o A community manager/social media practitioner
o Proven success as PD / OM required
o 5+ years of programming
o Knowledge and understanding of PPM
o Knowledge of RCS GSelector
o Knowledge of Wide Orbit
o The ability to craft and follow a strategy
o A strong work ethic
· PEOPLE SKILLS
o Communicate effectively at both higher and lower levels
o Ability to create an environment that benefits everyone in it, contributing to the overall success
o Willingness to extend your influence to make a positive difference in our industry
o Ability to work and lead within a active team
o Ability to coach and grow others
o Ability to attract high performers Send audio sample and resume to: email@example.com
The Account Managers primary responsibilities are to provide all levels of services to Advertisers. This position will report to the General Sales Manager.
Account Managers are responsible for securing new revenue and developing mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies, and/or individuals that have a desire to reach our audience through the media opportunity offered by the Station(s) as well as Digital portfolio.
The Account Manager will be accountable for all aspects of the account list including: sales, service, internal and external communications as well as collections owed to the Station.
Account Managers will also need to interact with a variety of businesses throughout the Richmond area to develop winning advertising campaigns that deliver results for their clients.
Account Managers other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Generate new business for both broadcast and digital.
- Generate “Target” Account development.
- Complete any and all sales training elements needed.
- Maintain great customer service inside and outside of the organization.
- Achieve station and digital budgets
- Attend and execute station promotions as needed.
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent communications skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Creative thinking skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Careers.Richmond@summitmediacorp.com or send via snail mail to Summit Media Corp. 812 Moorefield Park Drive, Suite 300, Richmond, VA 23236. No calls please. Summit Media Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part-Time Promotions Assistant
Summit Media Richmond is looking responsible, energetic, well-spoken and outgoing individuals to join our innovative Promotions Team. As a team member you’ll work hard but have fun with a maximum of 29 hours per week as the face of various Summit Media-Richmond radio stations, including K95, Classic Rock 96.5, Star 100.9, 103.7 Play, G104.3 & SPORTS 106.1. You will interact with listeners/clients, be a part of creating fun events, promote various contests or aspects of the station, and generally reach out to each brand’s audience in a positive and memorable way. This position can be the first step into a long term career in the radio/media industry for the right candidates. Interested applicants should have the following qualifications:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be able to drive with a valid Virginia driver’s license and reliable transportation to be considered
- Must be a social, outgoing, high-energy individual who is enthusiastic about promotions and marketing
- Must have a flexible schedule and is able to work days, nights and weekends
- Must be a great communicator and able to demonstrate/educate individuals about our brands, apps or any promotions that we might have going on at the time
- Must be a self-motivator and is willing to approach clients, listeners, etc. and feeling comfortable interacting with them is a must
- Willing to work indoors or outdoors in any condition
- Must be punctual and the ability to think on your feet is a must
- Great verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee could also be required to stand, walk or sit for a longer period of time. The employee will also be asked to lift and/or move items up to 50+ pounds, including setting up a 10’x10’ tent and other equipment as deemed necessary
All hires are subject to a background check.