WKHK 95.3’s AND GREEN TOP 24 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
FEATURING PEEBLES CUSTOM GOLF CARS”
The following are the official rules of Summit Media, LLC (“Sponsor”) for the K95 AND GREEN TOP 24 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FEATURING PEEBLES CUSTOM GOLF CARS (“Contest”). By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- ELIGIBILITY. Unless otherwise specified, the Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Central Virginia listening area. Unless otherwise specified, employees of Summit Media, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors (Green Top Hunt & Fish), prize providers (Peebles Golf Cars), advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Summit Media radio station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. An individual may win a Summit Media Contest only once per one (1) month period unless otherwise specifically stated. Entrants may not use an assumed name or alias (other than a screen name where a contest involves use of a social media site). Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will begin Friday, November 27, 2020 and end Sunday, December 20, 2020. Sponsor’s office computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER. Listeners will have five (5) separate options to qualify for the grand prize. Option (1) – On Friday, November 27, 2020 listeners will be able to register onsite at Green Top Hunt & Fish located at 10150 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, Virginia 23005 from 7:30am EST to 10:30am EST. At 10:30am EST on the same day K95 staff will pull five (5) names at random from those onsite registered names to be automatically qualified for the grand prize. Option (2) – Monday through Friday during the promotional flight dates the WKHK-FM K95 on-air personalities (10:00am EST – 7:00pm EST) will announce four (4) different “keywords” each day. Listeners will be asked to text the most recently announced “keyword” to (804)345-9595 when solicited. WKHK-FM K95’s promotional staff will select four (4) qualifiers per day from the list of submissions. A maximum of Sixty (60) listeners will be automatically qualified for the grand prize via “Text to Win”. Option (3) – K95 will conduct a total of Three (3) Facebook “Like, Share & Comment” contests during promotional flight dates to qualify an additional 15 listeners for the Grand Prize. A maximum of Fifteen (15) listeners will be qualified for the grand prize via WKHK-FM K95’s social media. Option (4) – Listeners will be able to register at Green Top Hunt & Fish via a “Register to Win” box located at 10150 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, Virginia 23005 starting 7:00am EST Friday, November 27, 2020 until 12:00pm Thursday, December 17, 2020. Fifteen (15) listeners will be qualified for the grand prize and contacted on Friday, Dec 18th. A maximum of Fourteen (14) listeners will be qualified for the grand prize via this registration option. Option (5) – Listeners will be given a last chance to qualify for the contest at the grand prize drawing Sunday, December 20, 2020 at Green Top Hunt & Fish located at 10150 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, Virginia 23005 from 11:00am EST to 12:00pm EST. The one (1) last chance qualifier will be pulled at 12:05pm EST. The total number of qualifiers will not exceed Ninety-Six (96). In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address or telephone number used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose telephone number is submitted as part of said Contest.
5. TELEPHONE AND DELIVERY DISCLAIMER. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, incorrect delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest. Due to the time delay that exists between a Summit Media radio station’s over-the-air signal and its online webcast, listeners who listen to a Summit Media radio station via a digital platform may hear Contest information or a cue to call later than listeners listening to the station’s over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning a Contest may be diminished.
- 6.WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING. Listeners will have five (5) separate options to qualify for the grand prize. Option (1) – On Friday, November 27, 2020 listeners will be able to register onsite at Green Top Hunt & Fish located at 10150 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, Virginia 23005 from 7:30am EST to 10:30am EST. At 10:30am EST on the same day K95 staff will pull five (5) names at random from those onsite registered names to be automatically qualified for the grand prize. Option (2) – Monday through Friday during the promotional flight dates the WKHK-FM K95 on-air personalities (10:00am EST – 7:00pm EST) will announce four (4) different “keywords” each day. Listeners will be asked to text the most recently announced “keyword” to (804)345-9595 when solicited. WKHK-FM K95’s promotional staff will select four (4) qualifiers per day from the list of submissions. A maximum of Sixty (60) listeners will be automatically qualified for the grand prize via “Text to Win”. Option (3) – K95 will conduct Three (3) Facebook “Like, Share & Comment” contests during promotional flight dates to qualify an additional 15 listeners for the Grand Prize. A maximum of Fifteen (15) listeners will be qualified for the grand prize via WKHK-FM K95’s social media. Option (4) – Listeners will be able to register at Green Top Hunt & Fish via a “Register to Win” box located at 10150 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, Virginia 23005 starting 7:00am EST Friday, November 27, 2020 until 12:00pm Thursday, December 17, 2020. Fourteen (15) listeners will be qualified for the grand prize and contacted on Friday, Dec 18th. A maximum of Fourteen (14) listeners will be qualified for the grand prize via this registration option. Option (5) – Listeners will be given a last chance to qualify for the contest at the grand prize drawing Sunday, December 20, 2020 at Green Top Hunt & Fish located at 10150 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, Virginia 23005 from 11:00am EST to 12:00pm EST. The one (1) last chance qualifier will be pulled at 12:05pm EST. The total number of qualifiers will not exceed Ninety-Six (96).
Any changes in the date, time, logistics or activation of the “Event” will be announced by the Sponsors when applicable.
Due to the recent changes in statewide safety protocols, qualifiers are now being asked to not be onsite for the event on Sunday, December 20th. Qualifiers are encouraged to watch the contest live as it will be broadcasted live in its entirety via K95’s Facebook Live on Sunday, December 20th. During the Event, the Sponsors will conduct a drawing from among the Ninety-Six (96) contest qualifiers. The Sponsors will randomly draw one (1) name from the pool of qualifier names consecutively until only ten (10) names remain. These final ten (10) qualifiers will be deemed our “Finalists”. The “Finalists” names will then be drawn one by one from the raffle drum, while simultaneously having a number (1-10) drawn from a box. The number drawn will be that “Finalists” mystery prize box. This process will continue until all ten (10) names have been drawn and designated a mystery box number. Nine (9) of the mystery boxes will contain a piece of paper that reads “Yeti Prize” and one (1) will read “Congratulations you win the Peebles Golf Car”. The Sponsors will then open each mystery box starting with mystery Box #1 and continuing through Box #10. All ten (10) mystery boxes will be opened regardless of when the grand prize box is opened. The nine (9) “Finalists” who do not win the grand prize will receive a consolation prize pack from Yeti. Odds of winning a Contest prize depend on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the number of listeners participating at any given time. He or She will be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Any protest in the conducting of the Contest, the selection of the winners, or the awarding of prizes must be made within three days of the conclusion of the contest; the resolution of any protest shall be in the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decision shall be considered final.
- 7. NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and/or the Office Rules of the Contest, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winners will be required within 30 days of winning the contest to provide proof of identity, execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited), and a W-9 IRS Form, in order to claim his/her prize. A winner who executes these documents within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the In the event that the potential winner of a Contest prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, or other means chosen by the Sponsor and indicated in the particular contest rules.
- 8. PRIZES. Peebles Golf Cars will provide the grand prize winner with the following: (1) Completely refurbished 2016 Club Car Precedent Lifted Electric Golf Car. The car will include the following New Body, 6” A-Arm Lift Kit, Custom Wheels and Tires, Premium Custom Seats and Updated Batteries. The Grand Prize has an exact value of $7,400.00 United Sates of America Currency. Each of the nine (9) Finalists drawn before the “Grand Prize Winner” will be awarded a Yeti prize pack valued at $79.99 United Sates of America Currenc Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. The grand prize winner agrees to accept all charges, transportation of prize and limitations, etc. established by Sponsor’s prize provider(s). Sponsor will not be responsible for replacing the prize. and that Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail, and that the prize will not be replaced if it is not received by winner.
- 9. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE. By entering a Contest, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to any Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor, Summit Media, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in a Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- 10. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in a Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, video, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Winners may be required to sign a separate publicity waiver and/or release upon collecting a prize.
- CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT. If the entry for the Contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Sponsor or its Contest partners under any fiduciary or other obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor and its contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or its partners, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, or, to the extent that any third party ownership rights exist, you have obtained all necessary licenses and/or clearances to use such third party content, and (4) you are hereby granting Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
- 12. TAXES. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded in any Contest become the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be required to fill out and return an IRS W-9 tax form. Valuation of prizes may be based on information given to Sponsor by the provider of the prize. All those who win a prize or prizes over a certain threshold value in any given year may be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- 13. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor may cancel Contest or any part of a Contest, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to be acting in violation of any federal, state or local law. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek legal remedies including damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, waive or change any of these Official Rules in a particular case, but will advise the public of such waiver or changes as practicable as possible after they are made.
- 14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest ; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- 15. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Central Virginia listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the entrant’s Summit Media radio station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the entrant’s Summit Media radio station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the entrant’s Summit Media radio station is located.
- CONSTRUCTION. The invalidity or enforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
- 18. LIST OF WINNERS/COPY OF RULES. A copy of the Official Rules of the Contest, or list of the winners of a Contest may be obtained requesting a copy and sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Sponsor address identified below. A list of winners will be made available 30 days after the conclusion of the contest.
Summit Media – Richmond
812 Moorefield Park Drive Suite 300
Richmond, Virginia 23236